Building a community loved and changed by Jesus, loving and changing the world for Him.
Our Guiding Principles
We believe that . . .
1. God’s love is fully revealed in Jesus Christ.
2. Salvation is a gift from God through Jesus Christ.
3. God’s Spirit empowers us to live grateful lives for Jesus.
4. Following Jesus requires lives devoted to prayer, self sacrifice and service to others.
5. The Bible is God’s word and our authoritative guide for living.
6. The whole world belongs to God and he places it in our care.
We are committed to . . .
1. Loving God above all and others as ourselves.
2. Sharing the good news of salvation.
3. Welcoming, loving and serving all of our neighbors.
4. Embracing the opportunities of multi-cultural ministry.
5. Encouraging and equipping people to become fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
6. Understanding and engaging God’s world with both heart and mind.
Who We Are
We call ourselves Christian because we belong to Jesus Christ and are his followers. We recognize as fellow Christians all people who accept the teachings of the Bible as summarized in the Apostles’ Creed.
Reformed because we’re part of that historic branch of the Christian church that follows the teachings of 16th-century reformer John Calvin, who worked to return Christianity to its biblical roots.
Church because God has called us to be a fellowship of his people in the world. We often call ourselves “the CRC” for short.
The Christian Reformed Church’s emblem is the cross in a triangle. The triangle represents the Trinity, our belief in the one God we know as three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. The cross symbolizes our belief in Jesus Christ’s sacrificial death for our salvation.
The beliefs and doctrines of our church are based on the Bible, God’s infallible Word contained in the Old and New Testaments. We believe that the Bible is the inspired Word of God and that it is the supreme and final authority in all matters on which it speaks.