The need for CAP Thanksgiving baskets is greater than ever this year. You have two options (that might look a little different this year) for supporting the hungry in Wayne County this holiday season. Meals will be delivered to the Community Assistance Program on Sunday afternoon, November 22.
- Option 1 (Due by Sunday, November 15): Let someone else do the shopping for you!
Simply provide a donation of $55 ($30 for items plus $25 for a turkey) for each basket you wish to donate. The check should be made out to CAP and “CAP Thanksgiving Basket” should be in the memo line OR you can make this donation by selecting “CAP (Community Assistance Program)” when using our online giving platform.
- Option 2 (Due by noon on Sunday, November 22): Purchase food items and donate money for a turkey
You can purchase all of the food items on the SHOPPING LIST (or see below) along with writing a $25 check to CAP for a turkey with “CAP Thanksgiving Basket” in the memo line. Please place your check in an envelope and deposit it in the designated box, near the tables in the narthex (note different location). Meal donations may be brought to the narthex from Sunday, November 15 through noon on Sunday, November 22.
Help us reach our goal of 150 Thanksgiving Baskets for CAP!
CAP Thanksgiving Basket Shopping List
Please use a re-usable grocery tote bag for your items.
The Jiffy pie crust mix has been purposefully removed from the list because this item will be donated for all the baskets (provided by option 1 or 2) and will be added separately.
- 2 (7.25 oz.) package of macaroni and cheese (or 2 smaller boxes)
- 1 (5 lb.) package Aunt Jemima self-rising corn meal mix or similar
- 2 (14 to 15 oz.) cans of one or more vegetables (peas, corn, green beans, please no carrots)
- 1 (40 oz.) can of yams
- 2 (6 oz.) package of Stove Top Stuffing for Turkey
- 1 (14 or 16 oz.) can of jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 (box, any size) yellow or white cake mix
- 1 (12 or 16 oz.) can ready mix frosting
- 2 (20 oz.) cans of pie filling of the same flavor (peach, cherry etc..)
- 1 (10.5 or 12 oz.) can or jar of turkey gravy