The need for CAP Thanksgiving baskets is greater than ever this year. Although Covid is continuing to change our approach a little, we are still able to provide two options for supporting the hungry in Wayne County this holiday season.
- Option 1 (Due by Sunday, November 14): Back by popular demand! We are happy to announce that the Roots students will do the shopping for you! All you need to do is provide a donation of $50 ($25 for items plus $25 for a turkey) for each basket you wish to donate. The check should be made out to CAP and “CAP Thanksgiving Basket” should be in the memo line. You can place your check into the regular offering plate or bring it to the church office. Furthermore, you can also make this donation by selecting “CAP (Community Assistance Program)” when using our online giving platform.
- Option 2 (Due by noon on Sunday, November 21): You can purchase all of the food items on the list below along with writing a $25 check to CAP for a turkey with “CAP Thanksgiving Basket” in the memo line. Any donation money remaining after turkey purchases will be used to support CAP’s other programs. Please place your check in an envelope and deposit it in the designated box near the elevator on the lower level. Meal donations may be placed on the tables in this area from Sunday, November 14 through noon on Sunday, November 21.
Help us reach our goal of 150 Thanksgiving Baskets for CAP!
CAP Thanksgiving Basket Shopping List
Please use a re-usable grocery tote bag for your items. Also, the Jiffy pie crust mix has been purposefully removed from the list because this item will be donated for all the baskets (provided by option 1 or 2) and will be added separately.
- 2 (7.25 oz.) package of macaroni and cheese (or 2 smaller boxes)
- 1 (5 lb.) package self-rising corn meal mix (e.g. Aunt Jemima, Pearl Milling Company)
- 2 (14 to 15 oz.) cans of one or more vegetables (peas, corn, green beans, please no carrots)
- 1 (40 oz.) can of yams
- 2 (6 oz.) package of Stuffing for Turkey (e.g. Stove Top)
- 1 (14 or 16 oz.) can of jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 (box, any size) yellow or white cake mix
- 1 (12 or 16 oz.) can ready mix frosting
- 2 (20 oz.) cans of pie filling of the same flavor (e.g. peach, cherry
- 1 (10.5 or 12 oz.) can or jar of turkey gravy
~ CAP Fall Clothing Collection ~
Finally, don’t forget about the CAP closet across from the bathroom downstairs at church. CAP would love to receive and distribute any winter clothing items that you are willing and able to donate! All items should be separated by type, packed in bags or boxes and labeled appropriately.